Tuesday, February 26, 2008

On the road to Commonness

Hi everyone out there!

So this is my short story of how I became even more Common than I was. On a very hot and sweaty 2007 summer day I decide to be part of a challenging migration project to CommonStore 8.3.2. To be honest, I had no idea of the roller coaster ride I was getting to. Am I happier now than I was a year before, Ohhh Yes, but also I am 5 years older than a year ago ;)

To make this first entry a short one and really start blogging my technical experience with you, let me tell you that I am really looking forward to this blog because:

- My true believe is that knowledge is my competitive advantage, but only as long as I share it! (I told you I was a Common person and always been)
- I am hoping we gain some family or sleep hours each day "for everyone by everybody" sharing their experience with confidence, since there is no dumb experience in CommonStore.
- And last I can only thank for what I know first to my wife's patience and love, and second to my teammates Darnell, James, Kevin, Nancy, Mark, Matthew & Renato (Have you notice the alphabetical order? ;). I want to also thank Nathan that I don't know but he left many hours of work in what this project has became today, and of course how we could not thank IBM for their ever improving technical support services (in the good and bad pmrs...)

That's All Folks!! See ya soon!!

5 comments:

Lars Olufsen said...

Welcome to the blogging community, Sergio.

We shall implement Commonstore later on this year (we hope), so I will be following your blog with great interest.

Can you feel the pressure? ;-)

Sergio Bascon said...

I am up for this madness ;) of course with some sanity. I just put my first introductory technical entry. A light one to start the sharing.

Sergio Bascon said...

I realized I didn't thank my friend James in this note (so I edited it). He has given the project and I a lot of intelligent solutions and thoughts. Many, many hours of work.

TheSubjectivelyGoodPlace said...

It's nice to be remembered, thanks for the reference!

Maybe someday I'll get back downtown and get to meet up with you and the other guys for a drink.

Nathan

Sergio Bascon said...

Count on it..